Juvederm® in Huntersville, NC
Pure Facial Plastic Surgery is a leading provider of Juvederm®, a unique injectable cosmetic treatment for the most common signs of aging. The product works with your skin to add fullness and reduce lines and wrinkles, so it is a perfect solution for those who do not need or want surgery. If you are looking for a treatment in Charlotte and the surrounding area that does not involve synthetic ingredients, we invite you to learn about Juvederm® and schedule a consultation with Dr. Briggs E. Cook, Jr., a board-certified Huntersville surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery, or Denise Curtis, PA, both expert Juvederm® providers.
What is Juvederm®?
Juvederm® is made by Allergan®, a leading cosmetic product company that also makes Botox® and Voluma® XC. The hyaluronic acid (HA) in Juvederm® is similar to the HA that occurs naturally in your skin. HA is prized by cosmetic surgeons and others in the field of aesthetics because it naturally binds with water to maintain smooth, full skin. As we age, our bodies produce less HA, and without proper hydration, the skin has little support and starts to drop. The result is lines, wrinkles and creases around our mouths, noses, and other features.
Benefits of Juvederm®
Juvederm® is FDA-approved, so the treatments are proven safe and effective. Other benefits of Juvederm® are:
- Non-surgical anti-aging treatment
- Long-lasting results (up to one year)
- Fast treatment times
- No downtime
- No synthetic ingredients
Unlike other dermal fillers and injectables, Juvederm® is not intended to directly treat lines and wrinkles. Rather, the product enhances fullness in the skin so that lines, wrinkles and creases naturally “fill in” and soften.
What is Juvederm® Used For?
Juvederm® is clinically proven to reduce:
- Marionette lines
- Nasolabial lines
- Vertical lip lines
- Lines from the nostrils to the corners of the mouth
What Should I Expect From Juvederm® Treatments?
Juvederm® injections are comfortable for most patients because:
- The gel formulation has a smooth consistency.
- A very tiny, small gauge needle is used for the injections.
- Juvederm® contains lidocaine, a numbing agent.
Dr. Cook or Denise Curtis, PA may use a local anesthesia to give you a greater assurance that the injections will be painless. Several injections are normally required for best results. The injections may be made in one or several areas. The entire treatment takes about 30 to 60 minutes, and you see results right away.
After your appointment, you may experience some mild symptoms, such as bleeding, swelling and tenderness where Dr. Cook or Denise Curtis, PA injected the Juvederm® gel. We recommend that you take precautions to reduce the chances of having the side effects, such as:
- Avoiding alcohol for at least two days before your appointment.
- Speaking to your doctor about temporarily stopping medications and supplements that increase your chances of bruising, such as anti-inflammatory medications.
The results normally last 12 months, but Dr. Cook or Denise Curtis, PA may recommend follow-up treatments much sooner, depending upon the condition of your skin.
What Should my Physician Explain to me About Juvederm® Treatments?
Like all dermal fillers and injectables, Juvederm® has been linked to rare complications. Dr. Cook and Denise Curtis, PA advise their patients that:
- Complications are more likely amongst patients with certain allergies.
- Inflammation may occur if you have other treatments in conjunction with Juvederm® injections, such as chemical peels, laser skin resurfacing and other cosmetic skin treatments.
- Infections are more likely amongst patients with compromised immune systems.
- Few clinical studies have been performed for Juvederm® injections amongst women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, patients under 18 years of age and persons with significant scarring.
How Much Does Juvederm® Cost?
Juvederm® treatments are priced according to the number of syringes that are needed, and this varies between patients. You may require more syringes of Juvederm® if you elect to treat several areas of your face, or if you have more severe wrinkles and creases. Pure Facial Plastic Surgery accepts payment by cash, check, major credit card and Alphaeon™ Credit financing.
Wrinkles and creases around your nose and mouth are some of the most detrimental signs of aging. With Juvederm® injections, Charlotte-area residents can correct these areas without surgery! Contact Pure Facial Plastic Surgery in Huntersville, North Carolina today to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Cook or Denise Curtis, PA.