Fat Transfer in Huntersville, NC
Fat transfers at Pure Facial Plastic Surgery is the non-surgical treatment that give people in Charlotte and the surrounding areas an alternative to facial surgery. Fat transfer is an advanced facial rejuvenation procedure that uses your own fat to correct lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging. Dr. Briggs E. Cook, Jr., a board-certified Huntersville surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery, also recommends the procedure to enhance facial contours.
What is Fat Transfer?
Also known as microlipoinjection, fat transfer works by injecting your own fat into areas of the face that benefit from enhanced volume and fullness. The fat can be used to bring out the contours of the cheeks, augment the lips and correct lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of Fat Transfer
A fat transfer is a popular anti-aging procedure because it:
- Helps you look younger without surgery
- Has been proven safe and effective
- Uses your own fat to fight aging and improve facial contours
- Is non-surgical, so there’s no downtime or recovery
What is Fat Transfer Used For?
A fat transfer may be used for a number of things, including:
- Softening marionette lines, frown lines and smile lines
- Eliminating wrinkles and creases between the eyes and on the forehead
- Adding youthful, healthy fullness under the eyes and along the cheekbones
- Enhancing the size and shape of the lips
- Reducing acne scars
What Should I Expect From Fat Transfer Treatments?
Fat transfer is performed in three steps, and Dr. Cook may give you a sedative or use a local anesthesia to keep you comfortable during the fat harvesting process.
- Fat is harvested from an area of the body using liposuction. The most common areas are the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks. Fat harvesting may improve the contours of the areas.
- The extracted tissue is processed to separate and sterilize the fat cells.
- The fat cells are injected into the treatment area with a small gauge needle. The needle size allows Dr. Cook to carefully and precisely improve the contours and skin volume of the area.
You see the results immediately after the procedure. Depending on the area of the face that was treated, Dr. Cook may recommend a follow-up treatment.
Because the procedure involves harvesting fat via liposuction, you may experience more symptoms than with other dermal fillers and injectables. You may be required to wear a compression bandage around the area where liposuction was performed. You may also have swelling, tenderness and bruising in that area. The sites of the injections may have mild bleeding, swelling and bruising. These symptoms typically last 48 to 72 hours.
What Should my Physician Explain to me About Fat Transfer Treatments?
The risk associated with fat transfer is minimal because your own fat is used for the procedure. In approximately 50% of patients, a second fat transfer procedure is required because the body absorbs the transplanted fat. In rare cases, scarring and infection have occurred. You should ensure that your physician is skilled in fat transfers, as the fat should not be injected into blood vessels.
To reduce your risk for experiencing unwanted side effects, you should entrust your fat transfer treatment to Dr. Cook of Pure Facial Plastic Surgery in Huntersville, North Carolina.
How Much Does Fat Transfer Cost?
The cost of fat transfer treatment is based on the amount of fat that is needed for the procedure. Pure Facial Plastic Surgery accepts personal checks, cash, and major credit cards. We also offer financing through Alphaeon™ Credit.
Fat transfer offers Charlotte-area residents an alternative to facial surgery, and you may even improve other areas of your body during the procedure. Contact Pure Facial Plastic Surgery in Huntersville, North Carolina to learn more about our fat transfer treatments.